General Marketing Intern | Full-time | Remote
A science company based on cannabis education and research seeks a general marketing intern. This is a 3-4 month internship with a performance-based payment system focused on social media management and general marketing, and may include business development, depending on the performance and preference. If the match is good and performance is excellent, we can talk about employment.
The aim is to grow the number of data sets from completing the Cannify Quiz by promoting the Quiz and growing the follower base.
Objectives of the internship
- To learn how to apply marketing in general, and social media marketing in particular, in practice
- To learn how to build marketing strategies
- To learn how to interpret social media analytics and apply analytics to reach business goals
- To get experience working in a science-focused field and professional environment
- To build an industry network
Skills you will obtain: marketing, social media marketing, social media analytics, basics of business development, practical application, presenting your results within the team, the basics of pharmacology science, network building, etc.
- Set up a social media strategy and adjust strategy when needed
- Manage our main social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) according to Cannify’s guidelines
- Grow our social media accounts (no. of impressions, followers, etc.) by applying the following activities:
- Generate, edit and schedule/publish content daily (using text, images, and video) for the Cannify social profiles (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
- Interaction with influencers
- Interaction with the followers; reply to comments and messages in a timely manner
- Applying appropriate (geo)tagging & mentions
- And anything else that is needed
- Report on social media analytics and advise company management on (social media) marketing strategy
- Work on a variety of other marketing activities, including, but not limited to:
- Create high-level and project-based marketing plans
- Advise management on marketing strategies
- Design brochures
- Improve our website
- Assist with client demonstrations and training
- Pro-actively suggest product improvements based on your findings
- Media field of study is a plus, e.g., Communications, Marketing, Advertising
- Proven work experience in (social media) marketing, OR a very enthusing motivation to work in this field
- Experience in Public Relations is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail
- Superior written communication and follow-up skills
- Ability to proofread & edit content
- Editing images and graphics for social media is a plus
- Analytical skills
- Highly motivated
- Highly professional attitude
- High ethical standards and integrity
- Proactive attitude
- Open and direct communication
- Availability of 32 hours per week or more. Flexible work schedule
Daily supervision will be done by our content manager (MA in English Literature), our CEO (PhD in Pharmacology and former Business Development Director), and our external advisor (MSc in Marketing Management).
Interns work remotely. In-person meetings will take place if distance allows. During the first month, interns will have intensive daily online meetings with senior team members. During the second month, interns will have three online meetings with senior team members. After the second month, meetings will be scheduled after a mutual agreement with the intent to give the intern both individual responsibility as well as intensive supervision as needed. During the third and fourth month, the intern will receive a performance-based compensation.
The presentation of interns’ final work will be done with an online webinar for the team (including co-workers of supervisor).
Submit your resume, cover letter, and up to three examples of your professional social media experience, such as links or screenshots of successful social media posts you managed for a business, student organization, or other volunteer organization to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We only respond to applications that have a Cannify-tailored motivation. “Why do you want to work with us specifically?” is what we want to know.